Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-week course (online)
In this course, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at UMass Medical School, we explore how to apply mindfulness to daily life in order to reduce stress and increase wellbeing.
The course consists of:
- Orientation session (attendance at one orientation session is mandatory)
- Eight Class sessions 2.5 hours each
- One full day of practice (mindfulness retreat)
Throughout the eight weeks you will:
- Learn a variety of mindfulness practices such as mindful breathing, body scan, self-compassion, gentle movement, walking meditation, and more
- Receive guided meditation recordings to practice with at home
- Learn how to establish and sustain a regular mindfulness meditation practice
- Experience a full day mindfulness retreat
- Learn about stress physiology
- Explore how mindfulness can help interrupt stress reactivity and cultivate more helpful habits
- Gain support from an MBSR Certified Instructor as well as from a community of mindfulness practitioners
Orientations Thursdays Sep 10 and Sep 17 6-9pm (attendance at one orientation is mandatory); classes run Thursdays Sep 24-Nov 12, 6-8:30pm. Practice day Sunday Nov 1st, 10am-5pm.
Please email email@example.com to sign up.
Thursday, September 17 at 6:00pm