Meditation practice can help us meet what is going on in our lives with more awareness and compassion. In this 50-minute session, we will practice different forms of meditation such as mindful breathing, deep breathing, body relaxation, lovingkindness/self-compassion meditation, and gentle stretching. There will be time to check-in and ask questions about meditation practice and receive practice support. Suitable for all levels of experience. Free and open to all. Led by Mary Rothfusz.
To attend please register here: https://weillcornell.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4GFw2g3F2nLbSux
Please allow up to a week to receive the zoom link.
If you do not have Zoom already or are not familiar with Zoom:
· Please download the free Zoom app on your computer, phone, or tablet. Please be sure your video is enabled. (Computer is strongly recommended if possible).
· If you are not sure how to use Zoom:
o Please watch this short tutorial on how to Join a Zoom Call
o Please watch this short tutorial on how to access video and audio on Zoom.
· You will need to be in a space such as a room in your home or office that is private, quiet and where you can meditate. (Not moving around, not on the subway, train, bus, in a car, eating, multitasking, etc).
· Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
· Headphones are recommended but not required.
· When you sign on for class please close all other tabs and programs, and have your phone away/on silent.
· Please mute your microphone during the meditation to reduce background noise.
This is what is included in the weekly emails:
If you are new to the meditation groups, please review the guidelines for group participation before you attend: Meditation Group Guidelines
Meditation resources spreadsheet, compiled by our group members. Will continue to be updated. Feel free to contribute your favorite online meditation resources, apps, books, etc.
Questions about daily sessions, 1-1 sessions, or MBSR courses, email Mary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, December 26, 2022 at 5:00pm to 5:50pmVirtual Event